Thursday, August 12, 2010

Music.




I don't know where to begin. I don't think there is even a word to describe that night. I left that concert with my voice raspy from singing along, my legs tired from dancing, my ears pounding from the loud music. My hair and clothes smelled like smoke. My feet hurt. But none of that mattered because I had just spent 3 hours with the people I love the most at an amazing concert. I felt like I had just gone through some kind of rite of passage: my first "real" concert. At the very beginning of the show, the lead singer drawled into his microphone, "I feel like gettin' drunk tonight. I hope there aren't any children in the audience." As he and the other band members toasted each other (it was the last show of their tour), I thought, "I'm not a kid anymore! I'm at a concert where I'm considered an adult!" It was the perfect way to end my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment